Custom blended optical liquids formulated to your desired specifications of refractive index, wavelength, and temperature for use with lasers and in other specialty optical applications. Laser Liquids are also used as custom blended refractometer calibration fluids.
Cargille Laser Liquids are normally blended at 589.3 nm and 25 °C to a tolerance of ±0.0002. Variations for wavelength, temperature and tolerance are available.
Laser Liquids are:
- Excellent for most optical coupling and refractive index matching applications
- Optically characterized at laser and other wavelengths
- Extremely stable
- Highly transparent
- Extremely low in toxicity
- Most inert when compared to any other liquid group with the same refractive index
- Compatible with most plastics, metals, and rubbers
Two liquids, codes 433 and 3421, have unusually high transmittance in the UV above 2400 angstroms and in the IR below 25000 angstroms.
Liquids between 1.293 - 1.578 are colorless and color stable in direct sunlight.
Our technical staff can review your needs and help you determine which Cargille Liquid is most suited to your application as well as provide you with optical and physical properties for virtually every Cargille Liquid. To inquire please fill out our questionnaire.